Natalie Kon-yu is a creative writer, editor and academic, with a particular focus on the creative writing by women and feminist literary criticism. She is currently working on a project which will examine the representation of women in the Australian Publishing Industry. She has co-authored and co-edited Just Between Us: Australian Writers Tell the Truth about Female Friendship which was published by Pan Macmillan in June 2013 and is also interested in the way in which female friendships are portrayed in our culture. Natalie’s creative and critical work has been published in national and international journals and she has won several prizes for her writing, including the Katharine Susannah Prichard Emerging Writer in Residency, an Australian Society of Authors’ Mentorship and her manuscript was long-listed for The Australian/Vogel Award. Natalie is currently working on completing her first novel.
"The whole weekend was absolutely brilliant. Huge thanks and appreciation to all the hard working team behind the scenes. Look forward to next year already! The atmosphere was very unpretentious and inclusive and a wide variety of choice."
"I have not attended for a few years but this year I found the program nicely diverse, interesting and inspirational and I found it to have a wonderful community and festival feel."
"I loved the Hub - it had the most warm and vibrant atmosphere - and the wonderful and gracious volunteers."
"It was a brilliant event, lots of interest, and great to focus on the literary talent in the West. I'll be attending next year."
- RT @StuartKells: For retail history & strong Penguin link, mustn't demolish the Snows Flinders St Art Deco store https://t.co/UMVWNdX3Pi via @Melb_Heritage, Apr 23
- When you've been working away at making a lit fest program you sometimes need a reminder of why lit fests are good.… https://t.co/vntVvyqKXw, Apr 24
- RT @axmcc: Very cool. A rare look at letters home from Indigenous Anzacs. https://t.co/nOKTrZB7St https://t.co/K6ZqNG3xr6, Apr 24
- RT @Creative_Vic: New TV writing program brings best in the business to Victoria https://t.co/ETav4CUIwT, Apr 24
- RT @MaribyrnongCC: A truck has crashed into the Napier St Bridge in #Footscray blocking outbound traffic. You may wish to avoid the ar… https://t.co/mmOMkAbs3T, Apr 24
Willy Lit Fest 2017
Your donations help keep the festival going from year to year.
"Thanks to all the polite, cheerful and hardworking volunteers and for keeping the prices so incredibly reasonable! Soup was good too. Nice to see a literary festival organised so well in the West."
"Thoroughly enjoyed the 3 workshops I attended and can't wait till next year. To the organisers and all involved, well done and keep up the great work."
"I loved the onsite book store and the variety of sessions. Can't believe that I haven't been before, can't wait until next year. So many inspiring speakers with amazing knowledge and passion. A huge thank you to the organizing committee and the fabulous volunteers. Congratulations on a great event. As an aside I loved the little community free book stand in the hub."