You an easily make a weekend of fun in Williamstown and Hobsons Bay when you come to the Willy Lit Fest. Book yourself into the Captain’s Retreat, our lovely provider of accommodation for festival guests, and check out our list of 10 top local attractions:
1. Visit the Williamstown Maritime Museum at Seaworks
2. Amble through the historic Williamstown Botanic Gardens
3. Set sail on the Enterprise, the first vessel to carry European settlers up the Yarra.
4. Climb aboard the Sea Shepherd – Sundays 12.00pm – 4.00pm
5. Ride your bike along the foreshore from Williamstown Beach to Altona Beach.
6. Take a walk on the HMAS Castlemaine – a restored former war ship with loads of fascinating memorabilia.
7. Visit the Railway Museum which has the largest collection of Victorian Railways steam locomotives on display.
8. Relax in the stunningly tranquil Jawbone Flora and Fauna Reserve.
9. Take a bird’s eye view of Melbourne with Melbourne Seaplanes which operate from the water at Williamstown.
10. Visit one of our cafes in Nelson Parade, Ferguson Street or Douglas Parade.