Here’s a varied selection of sessions that will make a perfect Mother’s Day gift for your special Mum.
If she likes music you can’t go past Stereo Stories with Vin Maskell and the Stereo Stories Band – Jack Gramski, Peter Maskell, Rob Gador and Anthony Shortte. Guest writers – Andy Griffiths, Brian Nankervis, Paul Bateman, Lucia Nardo, Rijn Collins, Zoe Krupka, Clare Boyd-Macrae and Darren ‘Smokie’ Dawson share stories about songs that have moved them. Memoir and music. Your Mum will be moved. Saturday 18 June, 7.30pm – 10.00pm.
If she wants to share a love of reading and books and words with her grandchildren we have:
- Audiobooks come alive with Stygg Wemyss, an actor, writer and the wildly popular voice behind hundreds of children’s audiobooks. Saturday 18 June, 10.30am-11.30am.
- Billie B Mysteries with Sally Rippin, acclaimed children’s author who has had more than fifty children’s books published, including the renowned Billie B Brown and Hey Jack! series. Saturday 18 June, 10.30am-11.30am.
- Meet Morris Gleitzman – Morris is one of Australia’s funniest and best-loved children’s authors with over 36 published books. Saturday 18 June 12.00pm – 1.00pm
- Andy Griffiths Kid’s Show – Over the last 20 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, adapted for the stage and television and won more than 50 Australian children’s choice awards. Sunday 19 June, 10.30am – 11.30am.
- Wordburger – with David Astle, full-time word nerd. He’ll have children whipping up a flurry of riddles, puzzles, and lateral-thinking games that’ll have them penning puns and trying out tongue-twisters. Sunday 19 June 12.00pm – 1.00pm
If she’s interested in Heidi and John and Sunday Reed you have to buy her tickets to see Modern Love: The Lives of John and Sunday Reed with Georgia Moodie, Kendrah Morgan and Lesley Harding. Saturday 18 June, 1030am-11.30am.
A double ticket to one of these sessions is a gift that keeps on giving and you’ll become the favourite child!